A Community Overview
Things to do in Bethesda
Entertainment and Dining in Bethesda
Restaurants and More
- Chef Tony’s
- Raku-An Asian
- Woodmont Grill
- Gringos & Mariachis
- Mon Ami Gabi
- Guapo’s Restaurant
- Barrel and Crow
- Black’s Bar & Kitchen
For much of the 19th Century, Bethesda was nothing more than a country crossroads named after a local church, but it grew steadily after the installation of a streetcar between the more prosperous towns of Georgetown and Rockville. After World War II, the National Naval Hospital and the National Institutes of Health were built in the area, and Bethesda flooded with federal workers, military personnel, and contractors. Today it’s grown into a vibrant community in its own right with several corporate headquarters and a high-density downtown.
Hotels in and around Bethesda
- Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Bethesda Marriott Suites
- Canopy by Hilton Washington DC Bethesda North
- Bethesda Marriott
- Residence in by Marriott Bethesda Downtown
- The Bethesdan Hotel
Bethesda Means Business
Take a peek at some of the “main employers” in the Bethesda area.
- The National Institutes of Health
- Naval Support Activity Bethesda (Walter Reed)
- Marriott International
- American Society of Health System-Pharmacists
- Lockheed Martin
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust
- Total Wine
- Johns Hopkins Suburban Hospital
- Henry M. Johnson Foundation
- Clark Construction Group
- Howard Hughes Medical Center
- Coventry Healthcare
- Hospitality Partners
- Diamondrock Hospitality
- Host Hotels & Resorts
- Comcast Sportsnet
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Schools in Bethesda
Montgomery School District
Bethesda is part of the Montgomery School District. To say this district is HUGE is an understatement. For this reason, the very best way to confirm where your child will be attending school is to click HERE for the school assignment tool. There are:
- 135 Elementary Schools
- 40 Middle Scholls
- 25 High Schools
- 5 Special Schools
- 1 Alternative Program
- 2 Early Learning Childhood Centers
- Ashburton Elementary School
- Bannockburn Elementary School
- Bethesda Elementary School
- Bradley Hills Elementary School
- Burning Tree Elementary School
- Carderock Springs Elementary School
- Seven Locks Elementary School
- Westbrook Elementary School
- Wood Acres Elementary School
- Wyngate Elementary School
- North Bethesda Middle School
- Thomas W. Pyle Middle School
- Westland Middle School
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
- Walt Whitman High School
- Walter Johnson High School (North Bethesda)
Education is always a key factor in any home-buying decision, and you can rest easy knowing that the educational system in the area is top-notch! Served by the Montgomery County Public School District which ranked the second-largest school district in Maryland, the MCPS serves over 160,000 students. The MCPS is overseen by superintendent Dr. Jack R. Smith who was appointed in September of 2015. The district operates 135 elementary schools, 40 middle schools, and 25 high schools.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Idyllic residential living with downtown options.
The wide side streets and large houses feel far away from the stress of Washington, while its downtown core has options for those who want a higher energy lifestyle.
The whole town has a very efficient public transportation system with Metro and bus service, but traffic is still an issue along Wisconsin Avenue and Old Georgetown Road. From parking to shopping to an abundance of medical care and professional services, Bethesda combines the conveniences of the suburbs with the urbanity of a small city.
WHAT NOT TO EXPECT
A pulsing nightlife or the diverse dining options of the city.
Condominiums near downtown.
YOU’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH
Not needing to drive into the city to enjoy city life.
If you love eating out, you’ll be at home here with a variety of outposts of DC restaurants as well as new places unique to Bethesda to try. You can be downtown boutique shopping one minute, and then back home enjoying the comforts of home the next. Here, you move at your own pace and enjoy the best that life has to offer.
Kevin Grolig is a life‐long native of Montgomery County, Maryland, and is truly dedicated to providing exceptional, professional, and comprehensive real estate services to his valued clients. As the principal of The Kevin Grolig Home Team, Kevin in collaboration with his team exhibits a genuine commitment to serving each client with exceptional first‐class service, true advocacy, and full‐service resources that markedly result in each client’s real estate dreams coming true! In applying his intimate and comprehensive knowledge, he is able to provide his clients with excellent opportunities that currently exist in the Greater Montgomery County real estate market.
- 800+ Homes Sold career to date
- 30+ Collective years in real estate
- 50+ Home Sales per year over last 10 years
- 99.31% Average Sale price to List price in 2020
- 29 Average Days on market in 2020
- 145+ 5 Star Zillow Reviews and counting
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.